Thursday, December 20, 2012

Homemade Ice Cream- How To



We all love ice cream, but have you taken a look at the ingredients in your favorite brand lately?  It's full of things that I can't even pronounce, and the less chemicals that our body ingests, the better, in my opinion.
But we all love ice cream, and having an ice cream maker in your kitchen is an excellent way to have your ice cream & be comfortable eating it too!!  If you choose to, there is an excellent deal on Amazon for the Hamilton Beach 68320 1-1/2-Quart Capacity Ice Cream Maker, White.  I personally have not used this type of ice cream maker, but I have a few friends that have them and love them.  I personally have the KitchenAid KICA0WH Ice Cream Maker Attachment for my stand mixer (which I got a great deal on at a factory outlet sale at work).  It's not cheap, but I love it!  
Not wanting to commit to such a purchase?  I completely understand.  I have bought tons of kitchen gadgets in the past that I've used once and after that they cluttered up valuable real estate in my kitchen until I finally just gave up and donated it.  
I do have a way for you to make ice cream at home without investing much money into it!!
http://www.motherearthnews.com/uploadedImages/articles/issues/1992-06-01/132-046-01i1.jpg
Mother Earth News has some great articles on their site, but I want to direct you to the "Still" freezing part of the article.  The process is called "still freezing," because (as the name implies), it just kind of sits still in your freezer. This is different than an ice cream maker, which continually stirs your concoction and keeps ice crystals from forming. While your best still-frozen dessert will never be as smooth as one that is "stir frozen," making ice cream in your freezer provides a fun adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment